A look back at the May 24 TechnoLab Session
The session was designed to increase understanding of the benefits of switching to Software-Defined Networking and thus directly integrating services (e.g., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, etc.) into the hypervisor layer, nearly gaining total independence from physical hardware.
NSX allows you to:
- Virtualize network and security functions
- Define and automate processes at a very granular level
- Simplify recovery and ensure business continuity
- Adopt a proactive approach to both external and internal security through microsegmentation
- Ensure compliance by isolating systems that store, process or transmit sensitive data
As the NSX solution offers a broad range of benefits, we were careful to focus on the security and microsegmentation aspects and, given the enthusiasm generated when we sent out our invitations, we can state that these topics are of particular interest to IT professionals in Quebec.
With this in mind, the time has come to take stock of how well Quebec companies are preparing for new types of attacks on their infrastructures. Our experts list in detail the reasons why IT teams are considering setting up NSX:
What the experts are saying
|For François Rainville, solutions architect and cloud solutions specialist at PCD, it is clear that:
|According to Ghislain Guay, a senior NSX systems engineer at VMware, the main reasons for this trend are as follows:
|Finally, according to Jean-François Santos, PCD’s NSX technical expert, various factors must be considered to make this project a success:
Since the start of 2018, we have noticed that more and more companies are modernizing their infrastructure. Companies are actively evaluating different alternatives with respect to potential architectural and future technology standards, particularly in the areas of telecommunications, financial services and the public sector.
To date, our experts have already worked on more than a dozen NSX projects, in particular, projects related to the deployment of microsegmentation.
During this session, most of questions from the participants focused around:
- The effects and benefits of NSX on their current ecosystems
- The impact of NSX on their operations and the convergence of roles within their teams
- The gains in and/or repercussions on the performance of their networks and systems
- Project justification and return on investment
A number of topics were explained and illustrated by our experts during this presentation using practical examples. If you would be interested in attending a future session, the next presentation is scheduled for Thursday, September 27.
To pre-register, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org