The TechnoLab Program lets the experts take the floor to tell you about developments in the IT field
In the context of digital transformation, the capacity of your business to evolve has become an essential factor in maintaining a competitive edge and optimum operational functioning. Companies need an architecture that is sufficiently agile to allow for future changes. The mission of PCD Solutions teams is to provide information to IT professionals throughout Quebec via TechnoLab Sessions. Our members and participants are our best ambassadors, so we invite you to read their feedback on our LinkedIn post.
Subject: The Trend Towards vSAN Converged Systems – The Move to Software-Defined Storage
Date: Thursday, June 14
Hour: 8h30 at 12h00 (follow-up of a lunch)
Location: At the CONTINUUM’s Innovation Center, 5929 Transcanadienne O., suite 140, Saint-Laurent, QC, H4T 1Z6
Details: Event “by invitation” or by reference of an existing member, 20 places available, free of charge
To register: email@example.com
A logical follow-up to our last successful session
Once again, we have assembled a panel of real experts in the field of storage management.
This group of experts includes Pierre Grothé from VMware’s vSAN engineering team, Marc De Grasse, consultant for SDDC projects implementation, and myself, Pierre Raymond, solutions architect in the fields of storage, converged & hyperconverged solutions. All these people are directly involved in VMware SDDC deployment projects including vSAN storage management platform for these companies. Our goal is to use this session to answer the many questions you may have, and to share with you our latest experiences in the field working with partners such as VMware, VEEAM, Amazon AWS, HPE and Hitachi Vantara.
The workshops we have lined up will cover:
- The evolution of the architecture approach towards converged systems and technologies, the context in which they offer unique advantages, as well as the pitfalls that must be avoided.
- The operational functioning and benefits of the vSAN solution, the concepts introduced by this solution and the new possibilities opened up by software-defined storage management.
- The main use cases targeted by the solution, some of its limitations, possible alternatives or bypass routes.
- The benefits to clients once they have deployed the solution to its full potential
- Finally, the support role played by the vRealize Operations management tool in your service-oriented management.
Come and take part in the session so you can better understand the vSAN solution and the best practices related to it. See how to maximize the performance and use of the solution in your own environment and thus simplify your operations.
TechnoLab Sessions – An Ultra-efficient Formula. A Worthwhile Way to Invest Your Time.
TechnoLab Sessions focus on the deployment of the VMware Cloud/SDDC approach. They are designed to present high-quality information to enable you to update your knowledge on various aspects surrounding the implementation of a corporate cloud in a half day format. There are group discussions, technical presentations, whiteboard exercises, demonstrations of real-time solutions, question periods—every effort is made in a highly dynamic and interactive formula to allow you to situate your company’s current practices and to help guide your approach. Sessions are held in our new Innovation Centre, giving you the opportunity to see how a cloud and its components work, how it can integrate with public cloud providers, and the advantages of the more recent technologies on the market.
- 8:30 AM – Welcoming address to participants
- 9:00 AM – Opening Remarks
- 9:10 AM – Round Table
- 9:20 AM – About the VMware SDDC Approach
- 9:40 AM – Overview of the vSAN Solution, Pierre Raymond
- 10:20 AM – Software-Defined Storage Management and Contribution of the vRealize Operations Management Tool, Pierre Grothé
- 11:10 AM – Whiteboard Workshop and Demonstration, Marc De Grasse
- 11:40 AM – Closing Remarks
- 12:00 PM – Lunch
The CONTINUUM™ Innovation Centre – A First in Canada
One visit will convince you. Based here in Montreal, the Innovation Centre lets you compare and take stock of your IT practices in the context of transitioning to the hybrid cloud.
- Centre dedicated to education and innovation in the field of enterprise cloud solutions
- A venue for bringing together the top specialists in the industry
- State-of-the-art technological infrastructure
- Integration with leading public cloud providers
- Ability to concretely demonstrate SDDC VMware Cloud Solutions
(SDDC: software-defined data centre)
- Monitoring of market trends and the first major cloud projects in Quebec
Due to the special format of this event and the limited number of places, we invite you to contact us directly to see if it is possible for you to join us or to register for the next session.
Please contact us at this address: firstname.lastname@example.org.