Several businesses that have chosen SAP hope to soon tap into the full power of SAP HANA in-memory database technology. This innovation opens the door to new possibilities:
- Analysis of large volumes of data at lightning speed to develop business intelligence and facilitate decision-making
- Ability to simultaneously process several types of data (structured, unstructured, multimedia files, machine data, sensors, heavy objects, IoT, etc.)
- Optimization of transactional and operational processes integrating all the agility of the cloud and mobile technologies
- Production of dynamic reports and management dashboards based on real-time data
Most importantly, HANA solutions provide your people and managers with the ability to make better business decisions and take immediate action.
How In-Memory Technology Works
The SAP HANA database basically allows you to analyze all your data in real time, by processing operational and analytical data in a single in-memory database. It is based on a completely different data architecture than traditional systems, enabling it to search, find, and analyze data much more quickly. Using the principles of real-time data exploitation, S/4 HANA creates the opportunity to develop new types of applications adapted to users’ needs, in this era of the cloud and mobility. By accelerating the speed of system queries and response times, your organization becomes more efficient:
- Providing ultra-fast results to your most complex data inquiries
- Processing multiple inquiries at the same time without impacting user performance
- Developing predictive analytical models that anticipate demand, risks, and unforeseen events
- Benefitting from the cross-referencing of various real-time internal and external data source
Links and Resources to Learn More About SAP S/4 HANA
PCD Solutions’ Recent Experiences With SAP S/4 HANA
PCD is currently helping many SAP clients in the province of Quebec to develop plans and assess migration options to SAP S/4 HANA. This type of business project raise many questions around the choice of architecture, platform, infrastructure requirements and the implementation process to set the appropriate IT foundations for the future. PCD had the chance to participate to one of the largest SAP S/4 HANA implementation with a major distributor and chain of retail store in the country. We are also partnering with Groupe Créatech, which is looking after aspects such as consulting services, detailed process analysis, S/4 HANA software integration, and customization of the solution. At the same time, we are working directly with SAP and its Hybris division as part of its web hosting operations and the development of cloud-based application services.
Our First Impressions of SAP S/4 HANA
“The experience was both enriching and refreshing. It let us see the many possibilities and applications of SAP’s in-memory technology to improve business decision making. Among the things the team noted was the unbelievable gain in query performance, the improvement of the user interface which is much simpler, visual and user-friendly, also the reliability and robustness of the solution.” Marc De Grasse, Infrastructure Specialist at PCD
Having obtained official certification as SAP TDI infrastructure solution architects, we are ready to help you with your own S/4 HANA projects.
For More Information
If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact us:
SAP Infrastructure Solution Architect